A Guide to New Years Resolutions & How to Keep Them!
10 New Years Resolutions and How to Achieve Them
We are fast approaching a New Year and many of us put together a plan to improve/change our lifestyles for the better. But how many of us get to the end of January let alone the end of the Year with our New Years Resolutions intact?
Here are 10 popular New Years Resolutions and solutions on how to keep them
- Lose weight & get fit = Ride your bike, frequently. Start off gradually 15-20 minutes and build from there.
- Learn Something New/Get a New Hobby = Buy a bike and ride it! If you are already a cyclists try another discipline eg Track Cycling.
- Eat Healthier & Diet = Did you know that riding a bike, exercise in general, stimulates cravings for health food. Winner!
- Save money = Ride a bike. No costs for fuel, parking or road tax.
- Spend more time with your family/partner = Go riding together. Cycling is a great way to spend quality time with the people you love!
- Travel to new places = Go on a cycling holiday. The best way to discover somewhere new is on 2 wheels you see/experience so much more of the country this way!
- Be less stressed = It is well known that riding a bike reduces stress levels. I used to ride to work back in the days when I had a proper job. You arrive feeling invigorated and ready for the day and you get home relieved of all the stress from work! No need to take those stresses out on your partner….double winner!
- Be a volunteer = Your local bike club will always be looking out for people to help/marshal on their events. You’ll also meet some great people who share a common interest – cycling!
- Fall in love = Buy a NEW bike. As a cyclist there is nothing better than buying and riding a new bike. Claire once accused me of looking at my new bike the same way as I used to look at her when we first meet……this I can not deny!
- Enjoy life to the full = Riding a bike gives you a great sense of adventure, freedom and well being. What more do you need?
So there we have it all you need is to ride a bike the rest will follow!
Happy New Years Resolutions folks.
No.6 is very important, well we think so anyway. Come and ride with us in Montecorto! You wont regret it!